17 Documents of the Catholic Church's Magisterium on aspects of New Age and New Thought Spirituality
By: Sharon Lee Giganti, 2011©
The Vatican Document on New Age, “Jesus Christ the Bearer of the Water of Life” lists the following documents in Section 8, under the heading, “Resources; Documents of the Catholic Church’s Magisterium”
Some of these documents may require that you search for an English translation
1. John Paul II, Address to the
2. Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Letter to Bishops on Certain Aspects of Christian Meditation (Orationis Formas),
3. International Theological Commission, Some Current Questions Concerning Eschatology, 1992, Nos. 9-10 (on reincarnation).
4. International Theological Commission, Some Questions on the Theology of Redemption, 1995, I/29 and II/35-36.
5. Argentine Bishops' Conference Committee for Culture, Frente a una Nueva Era. Desafio a la pastoral en el horizonte de la Nueva Evangelización, 1993.
6. Irish Theological Commission, A New Age of the Spirit? A Catholic Response to the New Age Phenomenon,
7. Godfried Danneels, Au-delà de la mort: réincarnation et resurrection, Pastoral Letter, Easter 1991.
8. Godfried Danneels, Christ or Aquarius? Pastoral Letter, Christmas 1990 (Veritas,
9. Carlo Maccari, “La 'mistica cosmica' del New Age”, in Religioni e Sette nel Mondo 1996/2.
10. Carlo Maccari, La New Age di fronte alla fede cristiana, Turin (LDC) 1994.
11. Edward Anthony McCarthy, The New Age Movement, Pastoral Instruction, 1992.
12. Paul Poupard, Felicità e fede cristiana, Casale Monferrato (Ed. Piemme) 1992.
13. Joseph Ratzinger, La fede e la teologia ai nostri giorni,
14. Norberto Rivera Carrera, Instrucción Pastoral sobre el New Age,
15. Christoph von Schönborn, Risurrezione e reincarnazione, (Italian translation) Casale Monferrato (Piemme) 1990.
16. J. Francis Stafford, Il movimento “New Age”, in L'Osservatore Romano,
17. Working Group on New Religious Movements (ed.),
Is Oprah Leading People Away From Christ?
Oprah has totally transformed herself and her media empire. She is no longer a microphone-toting interviewer of tearful guests and cheering audiences. Believe it or not, she has become. . .a spiritual icon.
Because of her, New Age teachings are being pitched to millions of our fellow Catholics - many of whom are being taken in by the mega-popular Oprah Winfrey and her promotion of three key books in the New Age Movement: The Secret. . .A New Earth. . .and A Course In Miracles.